HVAC Certification Training Demand for certified HVAC technicians is on the rise across the United States. In fact, this expected industry growth is one of the major reasons that people decide to enter the field of heating, ventilation and…
Optical/Optometric Assistant Diploma
Optometric Assistants are professionals who work alongside optometrists (or eye doctors). Common Optical Assistants duties include assisting with vision tests, demonstrating to patients how to use and care for contact lenses, welcoming patients, answering phone calls, handling and responding to correspondence, maintaining patient records, and scheduling appointments.
The Workforce: As a graduate from NCE’s Optical/Optometric Assistant program, you may work in an optometrist’s private practice, a vision care clinic, or another eye care facility.
Job Opportunities: As a graduate from our program you will be prepared to secure entry-level employment as an Optical Assistant, Optometric Assistant, Optical Laboratory Technician, or Optical Sales Representative.
Applied Skills: As a graduate from our program you will have learned how to test patients for visual acuity, depth perception, and color blindness. Graduates will have also learned how to use precision optical instruments and lens-edging machines. Our accredited program also includes an externship in a medical or retail facility.
- Fast – we empower our students to graduate in a short amount of time, which saves students both time and money
- Focused – we deliver only the most industry relevant, hands-on courses and skills to our students
- High Growth – we offer programs in some of the fastest growing fields around
- Friendly – we welcome our students into a caring and supportive learning environment
- Community – we foster a family-like atmosphere in order to ensure that each student is a valued member of a tightly-knit community of supportive teachers, career counselors, and fellow students
- Validation – we are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC); the ACCSC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency
- Real World Experience – Students receive the real world, hands-on experience they need by completing an externship in the local community
- Financial Support – financial aid is available to those who qualify for student loans, grants, or both
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the NCE “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Who We Are
Here at NCE, we pride ourself on giving students a comprehensive career-oriented education by a highly experienced faculty. With the training you receive from NCE, you will be qualified to apply for an entry-level position in your chosen career path.
Contact us today for more information about NCE career training.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please Click Here.